Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Similarities

After watching all of the creation myth stories last week, I noticed that many of them had similar themes within them. I didn't take notes while watching the stories, so I can't remember all of the similarities, but these were some that stood out to me. First of all, the majority of the myths began when there was nothing or a big empty space. Some of the myths began when everything was water. I also noticed that there was a god or superior person that played a big part in creation. Also, many times humans or animals were formed out of mud or some type of earth. Sometimes, the earth and living things were created from the parts of the body of a god. Finally, a big similarity I noticed was the theme of earth diver. These are the main similarities I noticed in the creation stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment