Monday, January 21, 2013

Hugging Trees



Over this weekend, I took the time to do the first assignment for this class: hugging a tree. I chose a beautiful tree outside of my apartment because I see it everyday. Most of the time I just overlook it, but when I went out looking for an awesome tree I realized that it had been in front of me all along. I love this tree because it is unlike any other tree near my apartment. I don't know what kind of tree it is exactly, but it is beautiful. I'm a photo major and I realized that I took some photos of this tree last fall with all its wonderful colors (which I posted below). The tree looks completely different now, with its barren branches, but it still has beauty. As you can see, the tree and I developed a pretty strong bond. I'll probably get alot of grief for this photo because I'm a vegetarian and many people assume I'm a hippie or "tree hugger" because of it, but oh well. I enjoyed getting in touch with nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment