Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Worst Coincidence

So I had been having a hard time having a coincidence up until last night, when one of the worst coincidences happened to me. I went downtown to have a girls night with some friends. Early on in the night my friend was telling me about how her camera had been stolen a few weeks ago, and I thought how terrible it would be to lose something like that. But our night went on and we mostly just danced in the Rockin R bar. I'm usually really paranoid about losing stuff. I had brought a coat with me and in it were all my keys, my phone, my debit card, and my license. I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe you should put your important things in your pocket in case it gets stolen". I also thought, "Hey, maybe you should put your coat under some other peoples just in case." But, then I had faith in humanity and decided to be care free and not freak out about losing things, so I went on with my night of dancing. When I decided it was time to go home, at about one, I went over by where my friends and I had left our coats and they all grabbed theirs and mine was missing. I searched all over but just couldn't find it. Just so you know, I had not been drinking that night so I knew what was going on. After awhile of searching I decided just to call it a night. My friend drove me home because my car keys had been stolen also, and she was going to pick me up at 6 in the morning to go get my car with my spare set of keys. So after a long night of canceling credit cards, dreading going to the evil DMV for a new license, and wondering how much re-keying my apartment will cost, I woke up just before 6 to meet my friend. Turns out she must have forgotten about me because I waited there for half an hour and I had no way to contact her because my phone was stolen. Anyways, I eventually got my car back and checked to bar for my missing coat (hoping someone had just misplaced it). I had no such luck, because out of the 30 coats that were left at the bar last night, mine was not one of them. Some evil evil person took it, and I don't even know why they would want it. I mean, what are they gonna do with my keys? Why do they need my ID? And what are they going to do with a canceled debit card now? Maybe they just wanted my nice coat. It was new, and black and super sexy with these sweet hooks on the front that looked like  claws. I'm still hoping some drunk girl accidentally took it, and when she wakes up from her drunken state she'll call some numbers on my phone so I can get my stuff back. Anyways, that is my rant on my coincidence that happened. If you think in the back of your mind that something bad might happen, it just might come true. Moral of the story: there is a coat-stealing thief in Bozeman and no matter how much faith you have in humanity, there is always someone evil out there!

p.s. if you have my coat, that was uncool of you and you better not wear it around campus because I will find you :(

1 comment:

  1. I go downtown every weekend and I don't trust people one bit. I always carry my coat or leave it in my car. People suck! So I'm sorry about your coat!

    ReplyDelete