Friday, April 19, 2013

"Ordinary"

        Today I stumbled upon another quote by C.S. Lewis. This quote stated "Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny..". I first noticed this quote because of the use of the word "ordinary". In this class , I've learned that there is no such thing as an ordinary day. So I got to thinking, is there such thing as an ordinary person? I've decided that the answer is no. That's because on the outside someone may seem ordinary with nothing special, but thats all a matter of consciousness. Once you get to know someone, you realize what was hidden under the surface and that everyone has a story if you give them the chance to show you. I feel like this relates to mythology because there is so much under the surface of each story.

     The quote states that hardships prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. I feel that if you pursue challenges in your life, that counts as experiencing hardships. So, if you challenge yourself there will be a higher chance of you succeeding later in life, which is something that I believe.

    Overall, because of this class I don't think i'll look at people or events in the same way again. I'll realize that nobody is ordinary and that there is so much more under the surface of each person that I don't know from just seeing them. Ordinary is now a word that i'll probably rarely use.

No comments:

Post a Comment